Monday, March 30, 2009

Annually The Kids Will Slumber

It has been a long time since I joined any Royal Rangers activity. Relieving childhood moments? This time, I went for the RK slumber night. It was fun, with all noisy, innocent-funny 12 kids, hilarious, joke-cracking commanders and also helpful adults and helpers.

I did activities I never did for a loooong time. Like kite flying! Imagine yourself teaching the kids how to fly a kite without knowing how... :/

The kids and us were barbecued under the super panas sun because it was 11+ in the morning. The wind didn't wanna play with us much. So it's more of a running activity than a kite flying one. Haha. We went back to the apartment, the kids played some games and soon the time came when the kids smiled, shouted, screamed and talked excitedly for they were getting ready for a SWIM!

Instead, we went to the beach first to play hantu galah, pass the water balloon and uh... hittheblindfoldedpersonandtrynottogetcaught game. Boy, they had fun hitting their commanders! I went swimming with them too. With long pants... The last time I went swimming was 3 years ago. Why? Because I didn't wanna wear shorts. My eczema scars can be seen so clearly on my skin. It was a hard time moving in that attire-couldn't move fast enough when we played monkey ball. But I enjoyedlah. Thank God nobody asked me to get out.

I even learnt how to bake chocolate muffins! Ivy taught the kids how. They were VERY sweet!
And there was good food too! We ate spaghetti for lunch, steamboat for dinner, Big Apple donuts for supper and nasi lemak for breakfast.

After dinner, Joa Wee lead them in praise and worship with me doing the actions I still remember from my kiddy days. Com Steven shared in his "service"(he calls it) of 15 kids. Man...every sentence he said, made the whole room filled with laughter. Love hearing during their sharing and devotion time. Makes me feel like a kid again.

RR is in support of Earth hour too. Stefanie the smarty played the electric game with them during the 1 hour darkness. The objective is to use other senses to win the game.
And finally we managed to put them to sleep after they've consumed so much sugar. We oldies slept early too around 1 or 2 am.
I can tell that the kids enjoyed themselves by the way some of the girls came telling me about the fun times they had throughout the event with sparkling eyes and excited tones in their voices. They asked me whether will I be coming again to join them next year. Definitely, if I'm invited of course. It was such a blessing to be able to join Rangers again!

4 comments:

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Hi Eunice,
Thank you so much for helping out in the camp. I didn't get the opportunity to thank you personally for helping all of us during the camp. I have been very blessed by your participation and your tender care towards the children. What matters most to me personally was your heart of serving and being a friend to the young children.I humbly thank you for that great heart of yours and your kind gestures towards the children. Most definitely! You are most welcomed to our camps!~ Thank you so much for blessing my life too.

ViveAlive said...

Wow Eunice.....Good to have you in the RR Slumber Night......though I am not there, my heart is always with the Rangers...

Thank you so much for helping out...as age is catching up for Uncle Ivan and Steven, your help has definitely reduces their workload in the camp.

Keep up the good work my dear. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

You're most welcome. It's nice helping out too. So fun.

Adrienne said...

oldies?..then wat makes me ur sis n me??ancient leaders ar?..hehehehehe..but glad tat u r still faithfully serving in every area..keep up the good work...